We had a good time at our NYE party. There was a lot of good food and good company! We all made it until midnight, plus some!!
New Year's Day we went to my inlaws for dinner. I took the kids to see Disney's "Bedtime Stories" that night. It is a really cute movie. It was a nice change to see Adam Sandler in a kid friendly movie.
I took the tree down today and all my xmas decorations. Ugh...what a chore! I love having all the decorations up, but it is always nice when the take-down process is done. L took the outside stuff down for me. All boxed up until November!!
I didn't make any resolutions for 2009, but there are goals I've set for myself and our family. I do have things I want to accomplish this year. Most importantly, I want to be a stronger christian, a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. There have been so many things I've learned about myself over the last year..and some things I just plain old learned! I have learned that God is in control and does provide...maybe not always when I want or even with what I want, but he does answer. I have seen His hand at work in many ways over the last couple of years. I have learned how to forgive, to REALLY forgive. To mean it and live it, not just say the words. I have learned what unconditional love truly is. I have learned what the phrase "for better or worse" in my marriage vows meant/means and have put those words into practice. I have learned that my kids are resilient and forgiving. I have learned that I/we are truly blessed. Those are just a few of the many things I've learned. (Don't worry...I'm not blind to the fact that there are those who may not be supportive of us or want to avoid us. I just can't allow myself to focus on them or worry about them. I have to focus on what God wants of me and press on. I also know we DO have LOTS of support and love from so many in our lives!! I thank God for that each and every day.)
I want to thank you for loving and being supportive of ALL of us. It means more than you will ever know.
To God be the glory!
Park City Utah
4 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment