29 January 2009

More snow fun......



We have been having a blast outside these last three days. The kids have ANOTHER day off tomorrow. Guess you can consider this a 7 day weekend!! They are out Monday for Teacher Professional Development Day..whatever that is! I don't recall them having those days when I was in school. Ugh, it will be 20 years since I graduated this coming June!!

There is one bummer about all this fun winter weather...Michael not being here to enjoy it with us. He absolutely loves playing out in the snow with the kids. So many happy memories there. It makes me miss him even more. It really hits me when T has something profound to say or ask...when any of them do for that matter. Well, he had something profound to say Tuesday morning when he realized we were getting snow later....."I really wish my Daddy would come home today. He would just love to play out in the snow with me and the kids. Do you wish he was here?" It was all I could do to answer "yes" without breaking down. It's times like this one that I turn to God and ask for continued strength and for the right words to ease their pain. I am so thankful He is here.

No comments: