01 April 2009

Update.....

As I type this, my parents and group are boarding the plane in New York City en route to Cape Town, South Africa. My Dad called around 2:24 CST to let me know all is well with everyone and would be incommunicado for about 24 hours!! (so something my Dad would say!!)

Now, he started the phone conversation this afternoon with..."Hi, we left Mom in STL. Can you meet me in Lexington?" Ha, Ha! You're probably wondering why he'd ask that. No, it doesn't have anything to do with April Fools. It has to do with my roadtrip last night. See, Dad left his wallet at home and didn't realize it until he went to pay at supper last night. He then calls my Grandma to make sure his wallet was at home and it was. He called me around 7:40 to see if I could meet him somewhere between here and STL. Of course I did! I am so glad he realized he'd left it behind BEFORE they got to the airport this morning. Ugh..don't even want to imagine that trip! We met at the Ozora exit..gave him his wallet and a big hug!! I was back home by 9:45.

By now they are in the air and will be for about 18 hours. I'm following their flight at Delta's website. I had no clue one could do that! Please pray for everyone's safety.

Love to all!

No comments: