14 June 2010

Glenn Family Reunion 2010







We had a family reunion this past weekend at Bull Shoals Lake.  We had a BLAST!!  We left Friday and came home Sunday afternoon.  I'm sure hoping we do this reunion thing every year.  It was really nice getting together with family that we don't see that often.  The pic above is from the porch of the cabin we shared with my parents, sister, and nieces.  It was a beautiful place!! 

I'm gonna admit that when I heard the reunion was going to be at a lake, I was AGAINST it.  I am a pool girl through and through!  Well, I am a pool girl and now a Bull Shoals Lake girl.  The water there was AWESOME.  I LOVED it!!!  The water was cool and clear.  The jet skis were fun, too!

There were two bummers to the weekend.  Michael not being there with us and my dad's back was hurting.  Dad's back was feeling somewhat better by the end of the weekend...well, it appeared so!  He was up, but if he was in extreme pain, he sure didn't show it!

Michael encouraged me to go.  At first I wasn't too wild about going to the reunion without him.  He told me I deserved this time away and it would be good for me...the kids, too.  He was right.  I needed it more than I realized!  We did get to spend Sunday late afternoon and evening with him!!  Guess I got the best of both, huh?!  (We also spent this afternoon/evening with him!!)

Night all!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I was wondering why no pictures of your dad on FB; now I know why! Glad you had a good time.

Amanda said...

So glad things are looking up for you all! :) Having hubby closer will certainly make things better and knowing there is an end in sight HAS to be a great feeling! Will have to email you soon....