07 December 2009

Lots to be thankful for and another year older……

I can’t believe I didn’t post at all during the month of November!!  It was a busy month around here…..

We put our christmas tree up on the 1st.  Well, the tree and lights!  We decorated later in the week.

I went to Ladies’ Day at my home church on the 7th.  Our preacher’s wife and their daughter were the speakers.  I had a wonderful time!  It was great seeing “old” friends and spending time with my sisters from Fruitland.

Kalynn made 4th chair in All District Band!!  We were and are so proud of her.  The ADB concert was November 21st in Sikeston.  All the kids did an AWESOME job at the concert!

We had our annual craft show the 21st and 22nd in Cape.  We’ve done it for several years now.  None of us can remember when we started, but it has become an annual tradition that none of us really wants to give up!

We spent Thanksgiving day with my parents and two cousins.  We had lots of yummy food!!  We also played Indian Ball..all of us were too lazy to run the bases with full bellies, plus my parents’ yard was muddy and squishy!!

The 27th was my (big gulp) 39th birthday.  I can’t believe I’ll be 40 next year!!  I can remember when my Dad turned 40 (he’s 20 years older than me) and thinking…whew 40, now that’s old!  LOL!!  My Grandpa and Nancy came down from St. Louis.  We ate lunch together at my Mom and Dad’s.  Tacos and chalupa….my ABSOLUTE fav meal!!  Nancy made me two birthday cakes…..pineapple upside cake and double layer chocolate cake.  They were YUMMO!!  Later that evening we went to see the movie “New Moon”!!  LOVED, LOVED LOVED it!!  (lovin’ Jacob!!)  I’m rereading Eclipse now!  I can’t wait until “New Moon” comes out on dvd!

We spent the 28th and 29th with Michael.  It was great seeing him and being with him!  I just love him so much.  My inlaws went, too.  So ready to see him again!

Well, that pretty much recaps November!  Now, I need to get caught up with the first 7 days of December!!  I’ll save that for another post!

I am thankful to all those in my life who love me & have shown that love to me and my family.  I love you all so much! 

I am so blessed!

No comments: