I can’t believe it’s July already! June just flew by.
L & K finished summer school on the 22nd of June. K’s school went to Six Flags on the 23rd. She was so excited to be going. Her trip to Six Flags in May (with the choir) was pretty much rained out. She had a blast!!
Father’s Day weekend we spent with my parents. My Grandpa & Nancy and Uncle, Aunt, & cousins came down from STL. We had a BBQ….yummy food. The kids had a blast spending time with their cousins. We played wiffle ball (Girls vs... Guys), played games, and just enjoyed spending time with each other. It was a blast!! (A blast….something I’ve not had in a very long time. It is hard to when the person you have vowed to spend your life with isn’t home having a blast with you. I do have fun, but it isn’t the same. Period. I so look forward to the day when he and I are able to share in these kinds of days again.)
We spent the last weekend of June with Michael. It was so nice spending 4 days with him. The kids enjoyed it, too. My sis came down on Monday and spent the day with us, too. We all had so much fun. I forgot to take my camera, so I don’t have any pictures of T “swimming”!! It was so funny. He’ll jump in and “swim”!! He also holds his breath for a very long time….too long for me. He’ll jump in the 3 ft, holding his nose and just stay under. Just as I can’t take anymore, he jumps up and shouts “did you see that awesome jump?” He had a blast. We all had a blast!!
We spent the 4th with my in-laws! Again, yummy food. The kids shot off fireworks later that evening. Another fun day!
L & K are at BYC for the week. They were both so excited about going. On Sunday, the rest of us will go down and stay for our congregation’s week of camp. I’m sooooo excited!! It is gonna be a great week. There will be “new” staff there. I say “new” because some are former campers, but new to our week. Our preacher has some great plans for the week. I help my MIL in the kitchen (along with several others!) It’s gonna be a hot one, but a good one!!




2 comments:
Halle is having her first camp experience starting next week. *Very* different from BYC... this is a "real" camp with bathrooms in the cabins and a paid staff that cooks and runs activities. Just the counselors and "medic" are church members. (Of course, it costs 3X more than BYC too!). This place is up near Tahoe, about 3 1/2 hours away.
I envy all the fun you are having with the family. I know it's not the same with Michael gone, but glad you do have family there to spend time with and help the days go faster.
I'm sure Halle will enjoy her time at camp. I know that even though at times I dreaded going..I always had a blast!
Thanks! I am so very glad and blessed to have family & church family here to spend time with. It indeed helps the days go faster.
Love you all!
Post a Comment