31 December 2008

Week in review......

We had a good Christmas week!

My cousin-in-law and her family came Monday night and spent the night with us. We had slick roads Tuesday morning, but we were still able to go out and do some last minute shopping. Of course it was ok with me, considering she had drawn my name and was still needing to get my gift!! (a gift card to Kohl's!!)

Tuesday after W&M and crew left, and after lots of pleases, the kids opened their gifts from us. The kids and I played Scene It..Movie Edition. It is fun. L is just like his Dad and can remember some of the smallest details from movies! Due to weather, we didn't have church that night. I finished wrapping presents and fixed some food for Christmas Eve.

Late Christmas Eve morning we headed to my inlaws for Christmas brunch. Yummy, as usual. We had breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, sausage gravy, and biscuits. Of course, I stuffed myself. We opened presents there and then headed to my
Papa-in-law's house. Again, more yummy food and opening of presents. A good day!

I have to tell you about the BEST present I received this year when we got home Christmas eve night. After unloading the van, L tells me he forgot something and will be right back. He comes back in the house with a gift bag and hands it to me. Of course I'm wondering what is going on!?! I open the bag, see a box, and an envelope. I pick up the envelope...immediately recognize the handwriting and start bawling. The kids are just staring at me, L smiling. I tell them it's from their Daddy and looking relieved they say ok!! One of my best buds and Michael worked all this out. I was sooooo surprised. I just love them all so much. Oh, and the gift was an Arbonne gift set!!

Santa came and left some goodies under the tree! Everyone was happy with what they'd gotten. I fixed a cheesecake for my sis, a coconut cream pie, and a chocolate pie for dessert at Mom's. We loaded up and headed to my Mom and Dad's house for lunch. We had more yummy food....fried chicken, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, rolls, gravy...you get the idea! Again more yummy food and opening of presents. L had gotten Guitar Hero World Tour from Santa and took it with us...several of us played it. It was soooo much fun. My Bro and L enjoyed playing with it. My SIL and I were back-up singers from time to time!! I admit I like the game, too. We also played our new Scene It game. My Bro, his wife, and L won...of course. If you know my Bro and his wife, you know they LOVE to watch movies and, like Michael and L, they remember EVERYTHING. Another good day! (I will post our pics later)

Friday was recouping day. I had tons of Christmas laundry to do..all of us received some clothes for Christmas. My Sis came over to straighten my hair and watch the movie Dr. Seuss's Horton Hears A Who..cute movie. My Bro, SIL, and nieces came over, too. It was great having them here. Sure do love them. Thanks for the pizza, Sis!

We left for Springfield Saturday morning to spend the weekend with Michael. It was great seeing him and spending time with him. Sunday was his 41st birthday!! We sang Happy Birthday to him when he called us Sunday night. We came home Monday afternoon..the hardest part on all of us. God's love strengthens us and gets us through.

Tuesday I did some straightening up around here, grocery shopping, and took L to spend some money he received for Christmas. I was so glad he found his Converse. They were a lot cheaper than online. He spent the night with one of his really good friends..CS. The rest of us just hung out here at home.

New Year's Eve!!! (I'm FINALLY caught up!!) We have our annual NYE party at church tonight. K is making Chex Mix and I'm going to fix some brownies and who knows what else! It sure will be a lot of fun tonight. I must say (again)... I am blessed to have such loving and caring people in my life. There isn't anywhere else I'd rather be tonight than with them. (Yes there is, but that isn't possible.)

Happy 19th Anniversary to me!! On this date in 1989 Michael asked me to marry him. It was a Sunday and we were at Pasta House in Cape for lunch after morning services. I was so surprised and obviously said yes!

Ok, I'm off to get some things done around here. I pray you have a safe and Happy New Year!! Love and hugs to you!

No comments: